Saturday, June 29, 2024

Sunny

 but a nice cool breeze blowing.

I had espied a pile of sheets in the sewing room so went through to iron them, a pair of DB's cords and a shirt, to my astonishment the sheets etc had been ironed. I had folded them, must have been called away and completely for got about them. They are now in the airing cupboard.

I had another bad night, not sure why, we again slept in till almost 9am, so a very light lunch.

Spent a while in the garden, potting up a clematis, DB was sowing basil, spinich and rocket for salads. The chap came with my medication for the next month, brilliant, we do not have to put the scripts in, they are done automatically, passed to the chemist who dispenses them and they are then delivered to us. I also cleaned the shelf in the porch, there are a few plants left in there but not many, they will be planted on Monday. The orchid I bought  some time ago from QD which was almost dead has revived and has put up another flower spike, it seems to like being in the kitchen. plenty of light but cooler then the porch.

We still seem to be spending a lot on the garden, I have ordered more plant ties and also rooting powder ready for cuttings. DB tells me we need another 6 bags of compost. Trevor will be here on Monday so a job list started for him. Cleaner will aslo be here, I have a pile of magazines for her, she away on holiday for the next clean, so they will arrange for a temp to come and sort us out.

Supper tonight is all day breakfast, we have strawberries, but I am saving them till tomorrow, we still have a couple of the frozen sponges, so will do those instead.



1 comment:

  1. How delightful to find your sheets had already been ironed and were ready to put away. Nice surprise, indeed!
    I wish I had someone to pass magazines on to as I have some I'd rather not just recycle.
    You and DB are resurrecting another flagging garden!!
    I love breakfast for dinner.
    I, too, am trying to get back to sewing.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

More mist

we went to the coffee morning at the little chapel. Called at the library on the way to put back our books we borrowed whilst the road was c...