Friday, April 19, 2024

At Last

I have been struggling for days to get this blog set up, as you will see it had a new title.

I will do my best to catch up on the last few days.

Yesterday afternoon, I was contacted by Andy to tell me his mother had passed away in her sleep. We are devastated. Pete and Beryl welcomed us to the close, by showing us round their bungalow. We had been peering through the window at No 16.

We rapidly became friends and during Petes decline did what we could to help and support Beryl.

We then switched to keeping a watching brief over Beryl which we did until she moved 3 years ago, into sheltered housing. We then started to visit her there as we had promised to do.

She had not been well over Christmas and had a problem with her left leg, which gradually got worse the last time we saw her 2 weeks ago it had spread to her other leg, she was also a bit confused. I was concerned and we had spoken yesterday about ringing to go and see her again, instead we will be going to her funeral. Andy is devastated. His wife died last July and now his mother has gone too.

I contacted a couple of people I know and let them know.

We will miss her so much, she was always good for a laugh especially at  what our great grandchildren got up to.

Yesterday was a sunny day, with little wind so DB treated the lawn, it rained last night so we should see some improvement. Not sure what I did but not much, I had been to Aldi for a months shop, so was pretty tied.

I did spend time working out the project I have on hand. I am going to stitch it out in a single color to see if I need to make any adjustments.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dull and a bit chilly this morning

Yesterday was a hospital visiting day, I went early and after a short wait I was able to get a space. Taking DB's walker was a great ide...