Friday, May 31, 2024

Hurrah

We set off to see if the library van had arrived, yes!!! so we have enough books for 3 weeks until it comes again. No idea why Stuart told me it would be coming on Thursday.

Much as yesterday its raining again and is due to rain for the next few days. I did go out last night and water the hydranga and the climbing rose. Its quite wild the wind is getting up. 

I need to phone the water board, the washers on the toilet cistern appear to have perished and the water continues to run into the pan, we are on a water meter, I do not want a big bill. Yesterday I had to phone the fuel providers, they wanted me to pay £45 for a weeks electric. Fortunately I had the readings from the agents and also the reading for the week we moved in, I am waiting for a revised bill, then I will pay it.

Supper tonight is fish and chips as usual on a Friday, creme caramel with a few strawberries and cream for dessert.


1 comment:

  1. Joy! The library van came and you're well stocked with lovely books. Me, too!
    This is brief because I'm under the weather. A mug of Lady Grey trea helped.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Cooler this morning

Was up early to go for my well woman check, everything is fine, weight is the same height is just down a wee bit more, but BP etc is fine. D...