Wednesday, July 17, 2024

My goodness

a roller coaster of a day, almost 7 hours sleep last night. I arranged for my neice to come in August for Sunday tea, I have not seen her since Covid. She asked if Claire and Alice would be here so I messaged Claire and both of them are coming. I suddenly realised that I did not have cups and suacers etc for 6 of us. We were going to the Coffee morning at Hose, so I have borrowed china for 6 from the chapel...phew..... there were 13 of us there for coffee they were not expecting us, so that was ok.

This afternoon I got an email to say the mattress we had ordered for delivery tomorrow was out of stock, so detailed emails with the company, we have ordered another one which is very similar and it will be delivered tomorrow. They will eamil me with a delivery time.

I did a load of laundry and hung it out before we went out, Its beenh a fine sunny day so it will have dried. I need to go out and get it in. Tomorrow is also going to be fine, so I will wash the bed linen in the morning before the new mattress comes.

Supper tonight lamb casserole, mash, green beans, carrot and a bit of cabbage that was left from the weekend. Think it will be fresh fruit for dessert.


1 comment:

  1. How nice to be able to borrow china from the chapel and good you checked what china you have on hand well ahead of time.
    Hope the new mattress will be even more comfy and well constructed that the one that is out of stock.
    It's still hot here and the heat index says it feels like 39*C outside. No fun!
    I'm sewing pink fabric strips in different shades and some white thrown in. This will be sued to make pink hearts for "I Found a Quilted Heart"
    Rain is likely for the coming 5 days along with cooler temperatures. Nice!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

More mist

we went to the coffee morning at the little chapel. Called at the library on the way to put back our books we borrowed whilst the road was c...