Sunday, July 14, 2024

Ooopss

Sunday is the day we get up late, just after 10am the door bell went, it was Mac, apparently he messaged me last night, but I had switched my phone off. Had to have a quick shower after setting him to cut the grass and trim the edges. He is also clearing the dead weeds from the far side of the garage and then starting to dig out the rizomes of the Bergenia, so we can start and put the strulch down. Once the strulch is down, the rain will bind it together to form a mat which will supress the weeds, any that do manage to escape we can pull out. Slugs and snails do not like it either. I have only managed to grow lupins, delphiniums and foxgloves since I started using it. There will be an extra thick layer on the bed I intend to use for herbaceous plants next year.

Its a very dull day, hopefully it will not rain, its also quite cold. I have come to the conclusion that our bedroom is a cold room, its at the back and does not get the sun till later in the day. The last 2 nights I have slept in my bed jacket.

So Mac working in the garden DB has been out and done a bit of work on the strawberry beds, he says there are a few more coming. He is setting some runners for Mac.

Supper tonight gammon new spuds, green beans and carrots, will make mustard sauce to go with it. I have lemoncello cheese cake for dessert.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, what a bother when unexpected folks ring the bell too early!
    Have you thought of getting a warming mattress pad to keep you wa warm in bed. We quite like ours and it's much nicer than an electric blanket.
    36.5*C here today so it's an indoor day. I hope to make more hearts and to find my lost digital camera.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

More mist

we went to the coffee morning at the little chapel. Called at the library on the way to put back our books we borrowed whilst the road was c...