Saturday, August 10, 2024

Countdown

 I am now officially 81. So today has been busy, I cooked the gammon and made scones, I have not lost my touch, they came out great, they are in a tin waiting for tomorrow, I will warm them through before I cut and butter them. The victoria sponge is ready too, just have to put extra castor sugar on the top.

Supper last night was delicious, I had chicken, smoked bacon and pasta in cheese sauce, the sauce was delicious. DB had open steak and ale pie with chips. We were too full to have dessert, came home and had a cup of tea. I will hard cook the eggs in the air fryer in the morning and make the sandwiches fillings. DB cleaned all the silver cutlery, he manages to get most the the tarnish off. The china has gone in the dish washer tonight, will just need a wipe over.

So everything is going ok, this time tomorrow it will all be over and life will return to normal.

Messages from DD2, DD1 and family, also flowers from DD1, roses and lilies, the lily smells amazing.......lots of messages on facebook as well from friends old and new. 

Supper tonight, beef lasanga and salad for supper. Coco ice each for dessert.

6 comments:

  1. A slightly belated Happy Birthday to you, Anne! Am glad you had a delightful day with good food, flowers, cards, and family. May your 81st year be one of happy creativity, good books, delicious foods, a pretty garden, restful sleep, and joy.
    Hope the card I sent gets to your home eventually!

    Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belated 81st now you're as old as me! Have a happy time with your guests.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Belated Happy Birthday, sounds as if you had a lovely day celebrating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Belated Birthday Wishes, your day with family sounds lovely. Hugs Xx

    ReplyDelete

More mist

we went to the coffee morning at the little chapel. Called at the library on the way to put back our books we borrowed whilst the road was c...