Friday, August 23, 2024

Its Friday

My shopping seems to have gone out of sync. I had a delivery from Morrison on Tuesday, today I went to Aldi, shopping twice in one week, never!!

I have reluctantly decided that I am going to have to resort to Morrisons delivery each week. I just cannot hack Aldi any more. It will be more expensive, but I will just have to put up and shut up.

Quite a surprise when I checked the bank this morning, I forgot Monday is a bank holiday, so all the pensions etc have gone in today. I will have to do a bit of moving round. I have a big credit card bill to pay next month.

It is sunny but extremely windy this morning, quite a few pots over. No point picking them up, they will only blow over again. I am looking at getting most of them in the garden just a few in pots that can be moved when the plants die back for the winter.

DGD is coming out of hospital today, till the next time, the baby is OK, but they do not seem to be able to sort out what is going on with her.

Last night I had something stuck between two of my teeth, this morning I discovered it was part of a filling I had put in at least 20 years ago. Not looking forward to having to visit the dentist thanks to treatment when I was  youngster.

Usual supper tonight, fish and chips........DB has to eat a banana a day, so guess it will be a few slices with ice cream for me.

Forgot to say the felt has come for the nutcracker, so I can start on that tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. We seldom shop twice in a week but sometimes it's needed. At least you're well-stocked now! Yesterday we had a grocery delivery and it's so very handy.
    Cheers that the pink felt arrived!
    Can the outdoor pots be hemmed in by heavier pots so they cannot blow over repeatedly?
    Will be making a quiche for next door this afternoon as one of the ingredients delivered yesterday was a small sliced ham that is easy to dice for the quiche.
    Wishing your Dgd and her baby well. When is the baby due?

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

And again

8.45 before I woke up, not a great nights sleep but better than it has been. Its very cold outside, we have not got the heating on yet, I ju...