Thursday, September 5, 2024

Late waking

We woke at 9.20 this morning to grey skies, it had rained in the night and began to rain again whilst I had a load of laundry in, so its on the airer in the porch with the windows open. I am fighting against putting the dryer on until at least November.

Did a bit more at the nutcracker, just have one arm to put on, he is looking quite good.

It has stopped raining but very grey out.

We went to the library yesterday, got a couple of books out to keep us going until the van comes again.

My mind is constantly going forward to when I stop driving, even here it will make life more difficult. A combibation of bus or taxi. If we need to go into Leicester for the hospital it will have to be hospital transport. That I am not looking forward to, how ever no way are we moving until we have to. 

Heard from SIL yesterday she sent us their new address, have sent her an email, trying to get DB to phone her...........it would appear that their old house is not yet on the market, I know the children are taking care of that........

Prepped pork for pork and pasta for tonights supper, we will have garlic bread with it. There will be enough for another supper for the freezer.


2 comments:

  1. I like my independence, being able to go when and where I want to. Not being able to drive in the future is my biggest fear. So I understand how you feel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on the Nutcracker and am glad he's looking good to you. You do such nice work!
    I, too, wonder about the time we will stop driving but hope we can continue until Z&L are here and settled as our home isn't near any bus routes and I really haven't seen a bus in ages.
    Am glad your SIL has been in touch with their new address.
    Your dinner sounds yummy!
    I am off to the library today.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Misty start

and it was quite cold, the mist cleared and it is now sunny, but there is a chill in the air. Drawers I ordered came this morning, taller th...