Thursday, May 2, 2024

OOfffhh

Today has been a full on day, This morning the service for Beryl at Grantham. A very simple service, there were only 12 of us there. The flowers that were on the coffin have been taken to Gretton Court where she lived for the last 3 years.

A quick trip home for some lunch and then on to Leicester to see DB. He has at last been moved into a ward, The consultant came to see him whilst I was there. It was a long walk to where he was I have been told when I go in again to go to the help desk and get a wheel chair. He still has the headache and the discomfort in the neck and shoulders. I re-iterated he should not be given Morphine as a pain killer.

I had a Morrison order to come between 5.30 and 6.30. The traffic was terrible both in and out, I left the hospital at 4.30, arrived home just after 6pm, thankfully the delivery was late.

I am exhausted, was awake at 4.30am, so I will be aiming for bed about 9pm.

Fabulous day weatherwise, I was so pleased the sun shone for Beryl, there is nothing worse than a funeral in the wet cold weather.

I was so hungry when I got home, demolished corned beef sandwiches.

They are supposed to be coming to do the meters tomorrow, ao I will have an easy day at home. Going in to see DB on Saturday.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad there was sunshine for Beryl's service and know she will be missed.

    Hope DB will be home soon and hope you've gotten it clearly in everyone's heads that he s should not have morphine! Maybe you need to write a Sharpie note that says ALLERGIC to MORPHINE and pin it to the wall above the head of his bed!
    Take good care of you.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Dull and a bit chilly this morning

Yesterday was a hospital visiting day, I went early and after a short wait I was able to get a space. Taking DB's walker was a great ide...