Thursday, June 20, 2024

Sorry

I did not post yesterday, the day just got away. The chap came to finish off the chimney, thanked me for the tea and access to water and electric.

We were disturbed to hear that our next door neiighbour was in hospital after a heart attack. Apparently she had not been feeling well for a while, but had not said anything. I saw her son yaterday evening, she has had a stent put in and is hoping to be home soon. He made me laugh, he was cleaning the kitchen and doing the washing up. I told him he should have bought the pots round to me I would have put them through the dishwasher.

So today DB is 91, this morning he thanked me for looking after him for the last 34 years, he never expected to live to be 91. His mother was 94 when she passed away!! He is gradually slowing down, but still does his 30 minutes in the garden. He picked strawberries this morning so he will have them with some ice cream before his Cornish Cream tea. Messages or cards have arrived. His sister  and her husband are now the owners of a one bedroom apartment, but as I expected is trying to push back moving in.........

DB has been watching the racing from Ascot in the afternoons. Not much on TV just now, its wall to wall football!!

Its a warmer day today, but with a breeze. I have put the towels in to wash, they should dry on the line. The gravel I ordered came yesterday, so Trevor can spread it on Monday. I hate to think how much we have spent on the garden, we need to be here for at least 5 years....... to get payback!!

So a light supper later tonight, not sure what as yet.

I have a cornish cream tea being delivered for him this morning. I though it would be nicer than going out for 'tea and cake' at the Potting Shed.

2 comments:

  1. Happy 91st birthday Edwin. Hope you enjoy your cream tea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to DB and may he have many more years enjoying the garden and doing his little bit out there 30 monutes at a time.

    Sorry this is late, the kids may have found a house so Z and I will look at it tomorrow morning!!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

More mist

we went to the coffee morning at the little chapel. Called at the library on the way to put back our books we borrowed whilst the road was c...