Monday, August 19, 2024

Early doors

awake early this morning, so took my nasty medicine and sat up in bed reading till it was time to get up.

Collected Trevor, he is working on the top of the garden this morning, it has taken quite a while but its almost finished......at last. Things have come on in leaps and bounds since Trevor started back. I am so grateful he agreed to come. We have only lost a couple of days when it was raining, so not bad going. Will try and keep him on till the end of October. I am looking at the tiny daffs and pansy's for the winter/spring pots.

The ironing lady delivered the 2 sets of bed linen for us, just need to put it away.

Cooler morning, just how I like it, not too hot and a nice breeze.

Bookmarks packed ready for Wednesday morning. I am waiting for the pink felt to come before I start on the nut cracker. It is not something that can be done in a rush, need to take it slowly so I do not make any mistakes.

Supper tonight is egg and chips, we finished the cheese cake last night, so we will be back to fresh fruit.

 

1 comment:

  1. Since you and DB enjoy a lovely garden, I am so glad Trevor is helping get this new garden into shape since DB can no longer do it and you shouldn't since your back will protest in a most unpleasant way.
    It was a cooler morning here, too, but the humidity was 98% so it felt hot. We may have storms later. Yesterday's storms amounted to a very little distant thunder and 10 min. of nice rain.
    My new computer has a hiccup this morning and I cannot check email. Bother! Think I'll machine quilt some little hearts.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Misty start

and it was quite cold, the mist cleared and it is now sunny, but there is a chill in the air. Drawers I ordered came this morning, taller th...