Thursday, August 1, 2024

It rained

not much, but it did, then the sun came out.........blinds drawn tokeep the heat down. Yesterday was horrendous. Have used a lot of electric with the fan going in the sitting room.

Last night I managed just over 8 hours, but I was really shattered, the heat got to me yesterday.

The quilt from our bed dried in the sun, it did not foul the arch even though it was on the very outer line, the olnly one that was big enough to take it.

Groceries delivered this morning, cost a bit more than usual I had to buy flour and butter.

Papers are full of what the new governemnt are going to do to pensioners, none of it fair. There is also a rumour that tax is going to go up. I need to be careful that our savings do not go over the £20,000 threashold or they will tax the interest on that as well!! It is in a high interest account, the interest is paid yearly. So I have to wait until May next year to see what the interest is. Up to now we have not had to pay tax, but its coming and we know it.

I am still not in the mood for sewing, my machine is just sitting there, I did get some felt out but that was it.

Salmosn, new potatoes and peas for supper, fruit and ice cream for dessert.

 

1 comment:

  1. How outrageous that your govt. is treating the pensioners so badly. For shame! The absurd, demented felon here will do worse to us if elected. Heavn forbid.
    So glad for your good sleep.
    I hear you on the heat. Wish the seasons were back to normal do we could count on a cooler autumn in a few weeks.
    I suggest you use your scraps to make small hearts like I'm making. Fun, quick, uses scraps and strips and is quick and simple to machine quilt. Nice to give away in secret, too, and brighten some stranger's day.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

More mist

we went to the coffee morning at the little chapel. Called at the library on the way to put back our books we borrowed whilst the road was c...