Thursday, September 26, 2024

Hmmm,

sunny at the moment, we are forecast heavy rain this afternoon, I have an appointment in Leicester to see about my pacemaker. If we get really heavy rain  this afternoon our homeward journey could be a bit fraught. I have put the emergency bag back in the car, will fill a flask and take tea bags with us, just in case. The emergency bag can stay in the car, winter is approaching.

Did a bit more at the quilt yesterday afternoon, have just 4 more strips to do, then it will need a good press. It is going to my friend to be quilted, my shoulders and back will just not let me sit over the machine for the time it would take me to do it.

Morrison delivery this morning, everything all present and correct and put away, some in the garage freezer.

I have part opened the garage door again, the back of the garage is still wet. The chap came yesterday to look at the outside wall wnere we think its coming in, he is going to speak to the letting agents about it. Not a lot we can do really. I will be glad when the baby arrives and we can liberate the pram and its various bits. Having said that I really do not want water coming into the garage. We plan to cut up a pallet we have to stand the dryer on, at the moment its standing on the concrete floor, really do not want the bottom to fall out. The freezer is already standing on a pallet we brought with us from Hose.

Supper tonight will be cooked gammon and salad, not sure about dessert. I have got some cooking apples, will use some of the blackberries from the freezer for apple and blackberry crumble at the weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Hope the location of the garage's water leak is found quickly and sealed shut! Is there another family member that can keep the baby items where they'll be dry so you don't have to be stressed about it?
    Well done in the progress you've made on the baby quilt. Will it have any borders?
    I'm at last trying to get rid of the many war books FIL bought and have a list of antiquarian booksellers in town that I'll be contacting.
    Am also hoping the get the blocks sewn together for the new Ukraine quilt. Time is getting short for its completion.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Brilliant

The weather forecast yesterday was for very heavy rain. I was in two minds weather to cancel my appointment, but it was fine, when we left a...