Sunday, September 22, 2024

More of the same

the weather cleared a bit yesterday afternoon, then came back with a vengance after supper, did not hear any thunder but pleanty of lightening. I had to go out to the garage and lift up the pram etc that we have in there. When it rains really hard the garage leaks, did not want to go in and fined a £500+ pram we through. Its still in its box, so hauled it up onto one of the trolleys and put the car seat bit on top of a pile of garden pots.  Believe me I could have done with a strong man, was crackered when I had everything off the floor.Went in this morning and sure enough the floor was wet towards the back. It has rained heavily again this morning, more is forcast and the forecast is for rain all day tomorrow,  I just hope the wind does not change diredtion and the rain get in unter the front door. TomorrowTrevor will be staying home. The missed days are making inroads into the time frame. I wanted to get the work finished by the end of next month.

DB decided he had the dizzys whilst I was getting our breakfast, went in with a loaded tray to find him on the floor again, why he could not get back into bed heaven knows. I am getting very tired......... next time it happens I will just throw a blanket over him and leave him there. Life is becoming a prison for me. which needless to say is not what I signed up for 30+ years ago.

I managed to get 3 rows of the quilt done and sewed together just 7 more to go........ it is beginning to look ok, glad I decided to change the design.



                                           Rows of 5 blocks


                                      The original pinwheels.

Joined up they would have made a seperate pattern, but just could not see enough of the peter rabbit fabric.

Pork chops for supper tonight, I offered DB roast potatoes, he wanted the little new potatoes I get, then changed his mind, told him sorry, I had already done the veg. I could almost serve his meals on a smaller plate........will do the chops in the air fryer. I use a steamer to do the veg, carrots and cauliflower tonight. There are enough strawberries to have with ice cream for dessert.



1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you thought to move the new baby items to a higher perch in the garage but am sorry it was hard on you to move them by yourself.
    Good idea to cover DB and let him stay on the floor where he's safe rather than try to get him to bed. Perhaps this would help him learn to head for bed when he's dizzy?
    The baby quilt is too cute and it does show off the sweet Peter Rabbit fabric nicely.
    Yesterday Z, L, DH, and I did lots of yard work. I picked up fallen limbs and pulled ivy from the house, the under house vents, and the runners on the ground but after a bit less than an hour, I was headed to leave the limbs where DH wanted them, the ivy in the trash bin, and me, drenched in sweat for the shower. I was shattered for the rest of the day. As my Grandma Hall used to say, "I went from 'can' to 'can't'."
    Yep.
    Tuesday Z&L will head for a mini-vacation in Washington, DC so that will be nice for them. I'll be back to feeding Dottie the cat her breakfast!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Oh my goodness

what a good job I got the pram and car seat lifted up, the garage is flooded from the back almost to the front, and more rain expected today...