Sunday, September 1, 2024

So we wait

It is a dull morning and we are forecast thunder storms and heavy rain later today, flood warnings just about everywhere. Not looking forward to that. I have out essential electrical appliances surge protected, especially my machine, It would cost a fortune to put right.

DB had a coughing fit last night after we went to bed, consequently although he went off to sleep after I told him to get one of his cough sweets, I was awake for hours, the coughing along with his short term memory and vertigo are really sapping my strength, I feel as if I am trying to fight my way out of a bubble, he is unconcerned, which is not helping. Of course he is from the generation before me who were brought up so you changed your mother for a wife who was supposed to look after you as your Mother did!!! After 30+ years the gloss is wearing thin.

Managed to sort out the problem with the nutcracker, I am about to start on the head, only a couple of things i.e. joining the head and arms to the body and then his hat, should finish him tomorrow, then I need to start seriously thinking about the baby quilt. Still have not made up my nind re the blocks.

Supper tonight is roast pork again, very tempted to go to The Harboro for lunch, but our finances have taken a dip thanks to the new mattress. This is no spend month........

1 comment:

  1. Surge protectors are certainly important these days with all our important electrical stuff!
    I understand about the shine dulling after decades of the same annoying behavior. So sorry!
    Oh, I'm delighted you found a video to help make the construction of the Nutcracker easier. Hope you finish him tomorrow!
    We may have rain this eve and overnight but the storms are likely to miss us. Hope your storms arrive as more gentle rain. I'd be happier if the humidity dropped significantly! The air is so thick you could cut it with a knife.
    Dare I say I seem to have more energy this morning? Oh, pretty please!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

More mist

we went to the coffee morning at the little chapel. Called at the library on the way to put back our books we borrowed whilst the road was c...