Sunday, September 29, 2024

Sunny first thing

but it has now changed to dull and cold...brrrrrr.Last night we decided to have Sunday lunch out, so phoned up and booked a table for the carvery. As usual it was very good. Back home DB retired for his siesta.

Load of coloureds in the washer I need to sort out some decent clothes for our visit to SIL!! Like Mrs Bucket she has standards, casual just does not do it.......

It has turned very cold, have the stove on in the sitting room, the temperature is down to 17c. The central heating will kick in at 4pm.

No sewing today, I have finished the piecing on the quilt, have one row left to attach, then need to sort the borders. I usually measure down the middle of the quilting and cut the side borders, once they have been attached, measure across the quilt from side to side which gives me the measurement for the top and bottom borders. Have to sort the wadding and backing and then it will be off to my friend to get it quilted. When I have cut the bordsers I will cut the fabric on the cross to make the binding. Hopfully will be finished by the end of October and I can get on with some other stuff.

Supper tonight will just be something on toast, we will have fresh fruit for ?dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunny first thing

but it has now changed to dull and cold...brrrrrr.Last night we decided to have Sunday lunch out, so phoned up and booked a table for the ca...