Saturday, October 5, 2024

The weather

is excelling itself, after 3 weeks of almost constant rain, we have another fine day, sun out but cold. I have the heating on, its on early morning, then goes off till around 4pm as the evenings start to draw in, goes off again just before we go to bed.

No plans except to maybe put the top and bottom borders on the baby quilt and then start on the mats for SIL. They will take me a couple of days, then its the Drummer boy.

We were late getting up again, almost 9am before I opened my eyes, although I had been awake in the night for about an hour.

DB is out in the garage he is sorting pots, We are going to have to get something done in the garage to stop the flooding when it rains. I am opening the roller door and side door each day when its fine to make sure the pram does not get damp.

Fingers crossed the fine weather will last past Monday so Trevor can come and do some more in the garden, if November is fine, I may have to keep him on to get finished off. The bedding plants need lifting from the pots and bulbs put in before the end of this month.

Life goes on around us, I have done a DNA sample for my heritage, need to post it off. DB's was quite interesting, and he got quite a few new links from it. Mine might not be so clear cut.

Supper, quiche and salad, ice cream for dessert, I have the chicken breast joint out for tomorrow, I plan to do a meat audit and then go to Aldi and stock up for a couple of months main meals meat. Have started the menu on the kitchen door again, I fell off the wagon when I was so tired after our move.I know there will be another one in the future, so really need to downsize a lot of stuff, was shocked at what we had brought with us. One thing that will not be going, the plants, they will stay. Even so I have to come to terms with loosing my sewing room and the Luminaire........and probably the car. I also have a load of fabric I know I will not use, so I am going to have to get rid of that as well. I have some stuff I am going to pass on to a friend


No comments:

Post a Comment

The weather

is excelling itself, after 3 weeks of almost constant rain, we have another fine day, sun out but cold. I have the heating on, its on early ...