Saturday, May 18, 2024

Dull and a bit chilly this morning

Yesterday was a hospital visiting day, I went early and after a short wait I was able to get a space. Taking DB's walker was a great idea, My back did not ache nor was I out of puff, everything was in the bag on the walker. DB was asleep when I got there, when he woke he told me they had done a mini tilt test placing him across the bed with his head hanging off. He said the test was painful but he did not pass out, however half an hour later he did. Fotunately the chap in the next bed saw him start to slump and called for help, so he did not grace the floor. The headache then reared it head, so he was given oromorph, when he sent a message last night he said it had gone off. They do not need to give it him regularly, it can become addictive, so only if the paracetamol and codiene is not enough.

The Dr came to speak to me and also took a photocopy of the relevant page of the POA, he also made a note that I was to be called by the Dr each time he saw DB. So at least now I will be kept in the loop.

His pacemaker is not being changed the surgeon was afraid that an infection might develop which would be disasterous for DB, so they have changed the settings, the machine by the bed will transfer everything through to the techys in the pacemaker clinic.

I left just after 3.30, not a bad journey home, a bvit busy but not too bad.

Sweet and sour chicken for my supper, very nice, I think DB will like it so need to find a recipe.

Decent nights sleep, just over 8 hours, did not get up until 9.30, so feeling ok. I want to plant up a couple more containers for Trevor to move when he is here on Monday. I am going to put Mac off this week. he cannot do much more until Trevor has finished cutting back the bushes.

Simple supper tonight, egg and chips, need to sort out something for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rain

  the good weather has disappeared, its very overcast and drizzly, supposed to last over the weekend and into Monday, so another day Trevor ...