Wednesday, September 18, 2024

More mist

we went to the coffee morning at the little chapel. Called at the library on the way to put back our books we borrowed whilst the road was closed.

One of our older members is now unable to walk, so was not there, she is in her 90's and will be missed. I asked for her address, will get a card and send it to her. She and her family farmed in the village until her husband died.

Quite a few people there, cake with coffee, apparnetly there had been a meeting at the Chapel last weekend, the cake was left over.

Home just after 12.30, DB had his glass of milk and went for his siesta. I had a couple of ryvita and my apple. 

Just before we got home the sun came out and the mist cleared, its going to be another warm afternoon.

Yesterday I cut out more fabric for the quilt blocks, will sew a couple to check they go together alright, It seems queer cutting 51/2" blocks and the finished block measuring 61/2.

After last nights debacle with the supper I am going to do DB much smaller  meals, I cannot bear to throw food away, it goes against all my instincts, so much smaller portions for him. Tonight is egg and chips, no beans.....The raspberry jelly I made yesterday has set, so we will have some of that for dessert. I did notice last night DB helped himself to 2 scoops of icecream, he will only get one tonight.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Cooler this morning

Was up early to go for my well woman check, everything is fine, weight is the same height is just down a wee bit more, but BP etc is fine. D...