Wednesday, October 2, 2024

I wish it would stop raining

a lot of roads round us are flooded, work has had to stop on the new ring road, too wet to work, putting it further back yet again. I was looking at the route to Grantham to access the A1 when we go up to Newcastle, we are going to have to go almost to Hose to get onto the A607, it is being closed unil the begining of December so they can build yet another roundabout. I managed to dry out the garage, but now its flooded again.......was supposed to be dry today Ha Ha!!!

DB had a nasty dizzy this morning, I was late waking,  we got up he came through to put the coffee etc on and went back to bed. I am thinking of starting him back on the dizzy tablets for a few days. Breakfast this morning was toast and coffee rather than our usual breakfast. I was awake in the night, so I slept in again. I really must try and sort this out, it messes up our days something chronic. I have laundry in this morning, its going to have to go in the dryer, apart from DB's cord trousers, they will go on the airer in the kitchen.

I have pinned the side borders on the quilt top, will sew them on today. Then it will be the top and bottom and it will be ready to go to be quilted, waiting for the backing fabric to arrive, will get my friend to use her wadding in it. I want to make a set of mats for SIL and also try and do the Drummer Boy. I watched the video last night, he is going to be very time consuming, less bits than the Nutcracker, but more embroidery and fiddly bits.

Supper tonight is poached salmon and salad, DB likes the little potatoes with a salad, I put butter on them once they have drained. Not sure if we will have a dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I wish it would stop raining

a lot of roads round us are flooded, work has had to stop on the new ring road, too wet to work, putting it further back yet again. I was lo...