Tuesday, October 1, 2024

Still raining

the garage floor is wet half way again, not sure if it has stopped raining yet, but it looks a bit brighter.

We were later than ever waking up this morning, after two iffy nights I managed almost 9 hours again, it seems to be I have two bad nights and then a good one, really odd.

I have finished piecing the quilt top, Have cut the side  borders, I am undecided whether to cut the top piece a bit larger, so its possible to turn it over. The baby will not be using it in his cot for at least a year, but it can be used as a play mat. I did actually think of making a play mat with the bits I have left, will have to think about that. 

We have had a try on of trousers etc for DB today, he has a shirt, trousers and jumper which will do for the Saturday. He plans to travel up and back in cords, tee shirt and fleece. As for me, brown trousers to travel up in, tee shirt and either jumper or fleece, grey trousers top and cardigan for Saturday. DB has started a list of things to take. I am looking at making a lace mat for SIL. Will also take some of the stuff I made last year for the neices and nephews.

Supper tonight, egg and chips with rice pudding for dessert. I have just made out a menu list for October. I need to do a freezer audit to make sure I have everything in stock. I will get another gammon joint to cook and cut for meals or sandwiches.

1 comment:

  1. Well done in finishing the top of the cot quilt!!! You know it will be much loved by the family and also by Little Bit and he/she grows up.
    Good preparations for your upcoming trip to see SIL and her side of the family. Hope the weather makes it a pleasant journey there and home again.
    We've had yet more rain and ended September with nearly 5.5" of rain and it has been raining today tho our late afternoon and evening rain seems to have gone elsewhere.
    I have settled on borders for the new Ukraine quilt but am so tired after getting our grocery delivery and putting everything away. It's been hours since the delivery and I've not bounced back one little bit so haven't cut the first border fabric yet.
    Today was DIL's first day of working remote and hope her poison ivy didn't make her miserable.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Still raining

the garage floor is wet half way again, not sure if it has stopped raining yet, but it looks a bit brighter. We were later than ever waking ...