Saturday, August 22, 2026

Slow day

Tate the carer came to DB this morning and will be coming for the next 3 mornings, he is on nights, so we are his last call. We had not seen him for quite a while.

Nothing much done, have cleared some more of the stuff in the sewing room, have ordered a unit to fit in the cupboard, so boxes can be emptied and disposed of.

We are gradually beginning to settle down, DB has spent a couple of hours in the conservatory in the morning, looking at the garden, I went out and watered the pots, a lot of the plants are beginning to die back.

Supper, quiche and salad with strawberries for dessert.

 

1 comment:

  1. Nice to have Tate in to help DB as he's familiar to you two. Nice, too, that DB is enjoying the conservatory and looking at the garden. Will he be able to sit outside when the weather is warm and sunny?
    I'm so glad to hear that you and DB are settling down as there are fewer and fewer boxes remaining. When I helped my mother move into her last house, I drew her kitchen cabinets and numbered them left to right, then listed what was in each cabinet. Mom said that was a life-saver! When she moved something to a new location, she changed its number to keep the drawing current.
    We had a little more rain overnight.
    I hope to square up the SuperNova fabric panel today and cut its first border strips.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

So

I managed to keep DB out of hospital for 12 months.......this afternoon he was taken to A&E after collapsing. He had a partial collapse ...