The last few days have been cooler, thank heavens.........just up to 23c today. Just now it's sunny but cooler........I need to sort out a couple of pots in the next few days.
I have bagged up curtains from our bedroom and the sitting room, along with the ones that were at the front windows at Grange Drive. The bed clothes from Claires bed. The small machine is half packed. I now have to clear away the bits I use when sewing. Once that has been done the whole room contents can go in the van on Thursday along with anything else we do not need for a couple of days, and most of the contents of the wardrobe, I can have a bit of a clear out at the same time, especially DB's stuff.
I am using up what I can from the cupboards and freezer, I had to nip down to Lidl for onions, I managed to pick up a large pack of very lean pork belly, just over £7 for 9 strips, enough for 3 meals. I will take the contents of the freezer to the bungalow when we get the keys a week tomorrow, just leaving enough for us until Monday.
DB seems to be eating better, he has cleared his plate every day and is also having a light dessert.
I have a a gammon joint to cook tomorrow, I will slice it on Sunday, some for filled rolls, the rest will go in the freezer for use later.
Baked fish with baked tomato and salad for supper. Oranges in jelly with custard for dessert.
I admire your logical moving preparations and know all will be well organized by the time you get the keys! I imagine the movers will be impressed, too. Wishing you the energy you'll need in the weeks ahead.
ReplyDeleteNice to know DB is eating well again.
We've got a grocery delivery this afternoon but don't know exactly when because they've not contacted us yet.
Hugs!