The temperature gauge was up to 30c today. It was my 2 hours off, so a visit to the post office to draw cash, Lidl for a few oddments, also managed to get DB another pair of shorts, a polo shirt and some white socks for £13........excellent......bought 3 packs of their brown rolls, 4 in a pack for 73p, we often have a filled roll at lunchtime.
I went into QD for more of the baskets for the sewing room cupboard, they had one, but it was £4.99 they had an offer on 2 for £7.99, so I walked away. Will try again another day.
DGD came just after 9am, to pick up the shelf unit, she brought both the boys with her. E now understands if you say no, you mean no. S is 6 months old, quite different to E, very plump and talkative in his own way. We had a great conversation me talking and him talking scribble!!
We are slowly moving towards our moving day, next Thursday they will pack up everything we do not need and put various bits of furniture into the van. They will then be back on Monday to load what's left and take it to our new home.
Our friends from the coffee morning will be able to come down to the lounge on Sunday night for a cup of tea and a piece of cake. I showed them the pictures we had of the bungalow. Everyone was very complementary.
So tomorrow will be a quiet day, I have a grocery delivery coming, then I will pick up the small machine ans some of the stuff that's lying around. I also need to make a list of what we are taking when I pick up the keys a week on Saturday, and collect it all together, so I can just pick it up. I may load the car on Friday night, depends how hot the day has been and how tired I am.
Tonight's supper, cold chicken, salad and coleslaw. Strawberries for dessert.
No comments:
Post a Comment