Up and showered before the carer came to sort DB out. DB's appointment was put back to 12noon, so we went over to Hose via the bungalow. It looked very forlorn, obviously empty. There were signs that bushes by the garage had been trimmed back and the side of the bungalow near the fence had been cleared. I have arranged to pick the keys up at 9.15am on Saturday. I still have not found the second base to the sewing machine, I can only think it's in the base of DD2's bed, will get the chaps to look tomorrow.
Over to Hose for coffee, one or two faces missing. Photos of the house shown......hair cut and shave and we were on our way home.
Back home DB decided to have a dizzy, so a couple of hours without him asking me questions. We learnt that another of the residents had passed away, she was one of the coffee group and also played scrabble on Saturday with DB. There are quite a few units empty now.
I have labelled a load of stuff so the removers know where to leave it, when they unload.
Its very much a waiting game just now, we are eating up stuff out of the fridge and freezer. I have not ordered groceries this week, a delivery next Tuesday will bring stocks up.
Supper tonight crustless quiche, with bread and butter, tomato, cucumber and coleslaw. I found a lone sausage roll, cut in half, so half each. Tomorrow will be eggs and potato wedges.
I will be really glad when it's this time next week, having DD2 with us will be a great help.
It sounds like the new bungalow is close enough to Hose that you and DB can still go to the coffee mornings, so that's nice.
ReplyDeleteDo DB's dizzies seem linked to his being active (like the hair cut and beard trim plus the coffee group) prior to it starting?
Hope the base of your machine turns up right where you suspect it is.
Yes, it will be wonderful to have the move behind you and to have DD2 there to help.
Amazingly, it's a day without rain for a change but the coming days will be hot and hope the humidity will be low.
Take good care of you!
Hugs!