Tuesday, September 8, 2026

Wet, wet,wet.......

No complaints though, we need the rain.

Thank you to the person who commented about the dark red plant under the trees, Herucara had not occurred to me, which is strange, they are one of my favourite plants.

The chap is here to trim the trees and bushes, it's chucking it down.......but he has wet weather gear.......I can just sit and watch!!!

DB has had a reasonable 2 days, I have started putting a thick cushion under his knees in bed at night, it seems to be working, he is not slipping down flat, although I think we may also need a foot stop. He does still have dizziness, that will never change, he just lies back ands waits for it to go off.

Supper has been consumed the last few days, so a win on that point, compared to what he used to eat his consumption is miniscule, but then he is not moving about the same.

Tonight he is having garlic chicken and salad. I have some individual sponge puddings, will do him one of those.

Our carers continue to give us excellent care, its mostly boys who come to get him up, washed and dressed. The Ladies come at night to get him ready for bed. There is no way I could cope without them. I may have a strong constitution, but there are limits, especially as I have problems too.

The unpacking is finished, the sewing room is up and running, have started on the Christmas gifts for the coffee morning. I have discarded a load of stuff which should have gone when we moved from Coal Lane 3 years ago, however it's gone now. I guess over time more will follow. 

The odd job man is coming Friday to put the curtain rails up. Then just the odd things to do as they occur.

Winter is on the horizon, we will see how the heating copes. Some of the rads will be left on frost level. I do not heat empty rooms, so the end bedroom and the sewing room  will be left on the frost stat. Our bedroom will be low, enough to take the chill off. We have a dual control electric blanket which can be left on all night if needed. The cloakroom and bathroom will also be low.  I plan to try two different methods with heating controls, one - on low from 7am to 8.30 pm or on twice a day 7.30am to 9.30am and then 4.00pm to 8.30pm. We get a monthly bill so I can compare the two. We generally go to bed after 9pm and read for an hour or so before settling down to sleep.

Gosh this has turned into a real screed........better shut up and make the chap doing the trees a cup of tea.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wet, wet,wet.......

No complaints though, we need the rain. Thank you to the person who commented about the dark red plant under the trees, Herucara had not occ...