Thursday, October 10, 2024

Ugh

drinking tea at 2am, so a slow start to the day. Looked outside and it was DRY!!! The sun is shining, but its a bitter wind. Although the garage floor was flooded last night is was dry this morning, so both doors open for now.

I have almost finished the 4th go at the Drummers arms, one of the problems is that the felt seems to be thicker that that I have used in the past, so have to watch it like a hawk when I do the satin stitch.

On the internet this morning, hurricane hit about 35 miles south of where our friends live, 30 million homes without power......I will send a message and hope that eventually I get some sort of reply. I have not heard from my other friend in North Carolina, guess they are still without power. I really hope their house is ok, it was such a pretty house. So much devastation..... at one point the wind was sucking the water out of Tampa bay.

Grocery delivery this morning, bought a turkey breast, its in the freezer for our Christmas supper. I am buying things one each week, without the heating allowance this year, I am having to budget for our Christmas meals. Not that I would spend £300 but we will feel the pinch a bit.

The two Teddy bear coveralls arrived yesterday so we will be wearing them once it gets really cold.  You can use them with a battery pack to warm, but as we both have pacemakers, we will not be using the heater. I had mine on last night, it warmed me up very quickly.



Supper tonight is braised beef with veggies. No dessert planned, DB says he is going to have an orange.


1 comment:

  1. Sorry for your wakeful night and hope you had/have a lovely nap this afternoon.
    Wishing you well as you make the Drummer Boy!
    These two immense hurricanes coming so close together have caused unimaginable destruction and loss. It is sad, indeed, and hope your friends and ours in those areas are safe.
    The Teddy Bear coveralls look so cozy but I'd be adding some warm leggings or long socks to keep my legs and feet warm!
    Autumn temperatures are certainly here with today's high 29*C and tonight's low 5*C.
    I hope to cut and sew the outer border of the Ukraine quilt today and sew it on. I still have to choose a backing fabric or piece a backing. Maybe a friend with a long-arm machine will quilt it for me since it's a donation quilt.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Ugh

drinking tea at 2am, so a slow start to the day. Looked outside and it was DRY!!! The sun is shining, but its a bitter wind. Although the ga...