Wednesday, October 9, 2024

Welcome

to rain soaked Melton. It was raining when we woke up, has continued to rain on and off during the morning, just now the sun is shining.

The garage floor is running with water again, I left the door open when I went in with washing for the dryer. DB tells me we have had over an inch of rain since Sunday.

I had ordered a couple of lined 'teddies' to keep us warm in the winter, we tried them on, within a few minutes I was feeling more comfortable, eventually took it off after an hour as I was too warm!! We have the heating on from 7am - 10am and then it comes back on at 4pm till 9.30pm. The programme is set with the temperature at 60c. I was lothe to switch it on, but the last few days have been very cold.

I started my 4th shot at the Drummer Boy yesterday, got half way through and then packed in, I had enough, will maybe do an hour tomorrow. I want to try and get him finished for next Wednesday.

Very concerned about my friends in Sun City, the hurricane is due to hit them later today, no idea if they are ok or not. Part of North Carolina is cut off and services are down so do not know how they are either. Those winds and rain is something else.

Smoked haddock and poached egg for supper, will do a buttered roll with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome

to rain soaked Melton. It was raining when we woke up, has continued to rain on and off during the morning, just now the sun is shining. The...