Sunday, August 16, 2026

Busy day

I have one last box to unpack, hall is full of broken down boxes ready to go into the garage to await collection. So we are getting there. The sitting/dining room is fairly straight, the kitchen sorted, utility area OK. The 3rd bedroom now has the boxes of Christmas Dec's in the cupboard along with some of the bedding for the bed. Our bedroom is tidy. The sewing room resembles a tip, hope to get to grips with that over the next couple of days. Curtain rails due by Tuesday, so curtains will be going up.

It has been a lot cooler today, although when I went through the conservatory it was still warm enough to sit in. Last night the temperature was a lot lower, we were glad of the quilt on the bed over the sheet

I did a small load of laundry overnight, it dried on the airer in the conservatory, I found a couple of boxes lurking there, will move them tomorrow. So we can start to settle down and enjoy the space.

Supper tonight was roast pork and salad. I had a melon I had been ripening, we had some of that for dessert. A buttered tea cake also found it's way onto a plate whilst we were watching cricket on TV.

DB's carer was late, she had a busy day, but we were her last call, so she stopped for a chat. She was the carer who came to me 18 months ago. She doubles in the office, so do not see so much of her now. It was nice to catch up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Busy day

I have one last box to unpack, hall is full of broken down boxes ready to go into the garage to await collection. So we are getting there. T...